The Indian Logistics Industry is presently estimated at US$ 90 billion and is growing at a steady rate. The sector is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of approximately 8% over the next three to five years.
The logistics industry is moving towards a global model of outsourcing entire logistics requirement to third-party logistics (3PL) service provider for cost effective execution. India is at a nascent stage in logistics evolution cycle characterized by lack of integrated services. With increasing demand for outsourcing logistics solutions, organised integrated service providers are benefiting owing to superior services.
Why South India?
• Over 50 major & minor ports on south eastern and western coast
• Export hub of Seafood & processed food
• Over 35% of India’s overall automotive components in Chennai
• Pharmaceutical hub in South India: Andhra Pradesh
• Favourable destination for freight-forwarding: Trivandrum, Cochin & Calicut
• Growing number of Inland Container Depots
• Huge Investments in Logistics & Food Parks